Director, Squad Lead- Unified Customer Profile
At Fidelity, we are making data one of our most valuable assets, second only to our associates!
We want to speak with candidates who are passionate about data and harnessing its power at tremendous scale for our customers!
Every single day, our data platforms collect and deliver millions of personalized interactions and transactions across our channels (web, mobile, phones, etc.) for 36 million individual investors.The Team
The UCP squad lead will drive the business strategy roadmap and implementation of Unified Customer Profile (UCP) that powers our digital experiences and analytics.
UCP is both a foundational and strategic asset for Fidelity, deploying capabilities across Personal, Workplace and Institutional investment businesses and core to its transformation to a digital company.
As a part of Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights domain, UCP’s vision is to develop a state-of-the art technology capabilities powered by AI and Personalization to provide a wholistic view of customers and households to customize wealth management strategies and provide best-in-class digital servicing experiences.
This position will be based in Boston, MA or Durham, NC.The Expertise You Have
- 6+ years demonstrated leadership experience in envisioning and delivering data products and platforms
- Bachelor’s - boosted by additional focused experience; or Master’s degree in business, management information systems, statistics, data science, or computer science.
- Design thinking experience with deep customer empathy and a high digital quotient
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, handle trade offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas across the organization
- Demonstrated ability in Business Strategy and/or Product Management and/or strategy consulting
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to products/platforms
- Experience in projects involving complex business infrastructure and interconnected teams.
- Working knowledge in handling enterprise data engineering teams including knowledge of data management, analytics and API technologies
- Solid experience delivering products through Agile methodologies
- Consistent track record of excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to partner closely with a diverse set of business partners to deliver solutions
- Sound discernment and a strategic mentality
- Product strategy capabilities including research and analytics-based prioritization
- Skills to drive the product vision across the organization
- Collaboration skills to ensure all leads and groups are aligned to a common vision
- Ability to build groundbreaking data platforms and solutions
- Experience with deploying and/or being involved in the deployment of technology products/platforms, including data modeling and API development
- Ability to collaborate and partner with analytics, experience product owners and other functional leads to deliver premier data solutions
- Build consensus among company-wide partner teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and accurately.
- Enable and develop a culture of high organizational performance nurturing internal and company-wide relationships.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously. Develop compelling and insightful strategic recommendations for leadership and team.
- Intellectually curious, challenging the status quo
- Desire to have fun at work, ability to cultivate followership among the teams and build strategic interpersonal relationships across the company.
- Excellent servant-leader skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum a bonus
- Champion a research and market-informed product vision and strategy that works in concert with the broader UCP strategy.
- Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Develop a product feature and release roadmaps based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of consumer needs.
- Develop and measure product key performance indicators, derive key insights, and devise and execute experiments and tests to find product solutions.
- Collaborate with business, experience and technology teams across the company to define and build the Next Generation Unified Customer Profile platform capabilities that drive relevant and personalized experiences. This includes using customer insight from interactions, stated interests, historical transactional attributes and derived behaviors
- Collaborate with leaders across Fidelity to develop and design use cases and business/capability roadmaps to drive capabilities and experiences that deliver value to both customers/prospects and Fidelity
- Collaborate with various leads to understand the priority and sequencing of the use cases to build the Customer Profile attributes
- Continue to build out capabilities in the UCP platform including creating net new data models/APIs and advancing existing data models/APIs in accordance with Fidelity standards
- Partner with the Tribe Lead and other Squad Leads to understand and align the priorities of the backlog and execution roadmap
- Partner with Chapter Leads and Architects in coming up with new solutions
- Motivate a high-performance team to deliver solutions while fostering a continuous learning environment
- Drive priorities and work for a company-wide team of strategists, analysts and engineers to continuously deliver value
- Enable teams to be successful by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business
- Promote broad-based sharing of knowledge of the platform through multiple forums, including user groups, tech talks, design reviews, internal blogs.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.