VP/Squad Lead - Data Quality & Governance
Are you passionate about data and the strategic advantage it gives when properly governed and democratized across an organization? At Fidelity we’re harnessing the power of data at a tremendous scale and applying it with business knowledge to make it one of our most valuable assets, second only to our associates!
We’ve revolutionized how we govern the data that drives our analytics, personalization, and customer experience. We've made it easier for our associates to understand our holdings, have the right data at their fingertips, and be able to collaborate and share data knowledge across the enterprise as in a modern digital company.
If you’re an innovative technology and analytics leader who wants to help develop and lead how we craft our data product, while also being at the crossroads of data quality, governance, compliance, analytics and business, then we want you to join our team!
This is an opportunity for an energetic leader who is truly focused on clients and loves working with teams, to design and deliver exceptional platforms and product solutions. The team handles data privacy, data security, data policies, data catalog and governance across Personal Investment business. Some of the core and foundational analytical data sets include - 100TB+ of data, 5000+ business users, 15+ business applications. The squad lead works with a dedicated set of engineers, scrum masters and analytic resources to strategize, prioritize and build Customer Data Lake in Cloud based infrastructure. The ability to work with the team without direct authority over them will be key. The role requires a servant- leader approach, coordinating closely with the tribe leader to stay aligned on business goals and ensure the squad is progressing and delivering against them.The Expertise You Have
As a Squad Lead for the Data Quality & Governance, you will work with various Data Stewards and Stakeholders (Legal, Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Data Governance leads) within Fidelity to build and modernize our platform governance offering to Cloud based infrastructure. Familiarity with cloud-native service and commercial third-party offerings for data catalog and governance solutions. Able to lead and prioritize feature-development, work across the organization to build consensus, and collaborate with the engineering team to bring your vision to fruition.Basic Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher degree in business analytics, computer science, or a technology-related field with 8-10 years’ experience in in data management and governance
- Demonstrated track record of customer-focused engagement and collaboration across business units with a strategic approach and ability advocate for the adoption of tools and methods that improve the usability and value of data
- Experience leading governance with data management efforts that directly involve the use of Alation and Collibra; experience or working knowledge of BigID, OneTrust and TrustArc will be highly advantageous.
- Working knowledge and understanding of GDPR, CCPA, and other customer protection and privacy policies applicable in the financial services or e-commerce industries
- Experience and desire to work with data owners and stewards to facilitate data quality improvement initiatives, as well as understanding of how data lineage, taxonomies and business glossaries should be used at an enterprise scale.
- Experience with cloud computing – certification as an AWS Cloud Practitioner or Solutions Architect preferred but not required – specifically Snowflake, Redshift, Athena, and GLUE.
- Naturally collaborative with experience working in an Agile environment, including with remote teams, both on and offshore and serving as a go-between for technology and business.
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate complex governance and policy
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Facilitate best methods for work and sharing them across the organization
- Inspire and motivate your team
- Strong business sense and strategic planning skills
- Adopt new technologies that ensure data is discoverable and accessible, while protecting sensitive information through governance and access policies
- Advocate for the thousands of users on our analytic platform; obsessed with their needs and constantly working to improve the breadth and quality of our data holdings
- Partner with key business partners across business units, demonstrating your forward thinking to drive best-in-breed enterprise solutions that have incubated under your watch
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing tools
- Experience working within a digital-native organization such as Google, Facebook and Amazon or the Financial Services industry
- Servant leader of a team constantly working to improve the data quality, governance, and knowledge across Fidelity’s Personal Investing division
- Work across the Personal Investing division to help continue to transform data into one of our most valuable assets.
- Continuous learner who stays abreast of the latest innovations across analytics, data governance, and data cataloging, to maintain your expertise
- Setting the strategy, goals and roadmap for the Events Platform capability and delivering business results and customer value
- Setting the overall vision to direct and inform your squad’s work
- Supporting and coaching your squad to reach their highest levels
- Meeting and/or exceeding the defined Business metrics and Platform Stability & Availability goals
- Oversee what is delivered by the squad —prioritizing the work through a well-organized backlog of user stories and clearly communicating what needs to be done and when
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity places a strong emphasis on making decisions using data to drive growth and profitability. You will play a critical role in ensuring the business is able to drive strategic value and trust business decisions that come from the data you help govern.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications:
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.