Vice President, Managed Solutions
You are an energetic, passionate leader who embodies Fidelity's leadership principles of customer obsession, working collaboratively and valuing pace over perfection. You are intellectually curious, using data to drive your approach, and you love to execute in a fast paced agile environment, rolling up your sleeves to get the work done. You have executive presence and add thought leadership value at all levels of the organization.
Fidelity is one of the largest providers of investment services in the world. Within Fidelity, the Personal Investing (PI) division is responsible for a number of services that support our clients, such as self-directed brokerage accounts, credit cards, cash management services, college saving plans, managed investment solutions, the physical branch network, the customer service teams, and retirement solutions that fall outside of employer-sponsored plans.
The Expertise You Have
- Strong investment management knowledge, with keen interest in portfolio analytics, allocation strategies, and portfolio construction - a CFA is strongly preferred.
- Strong business knowledge of Fidelity's Managed Accounts offering including the associate experience of positioning managed accounts with clients. Managed Solutions associate experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in building a product roadmap strategy while also managing and advocating for existing product line through initiatives that drive flows
- Business owner mentality, understanding and monitoring key performance indicators (i.e. gross sales, retention, attrition) and while intuitively and statistically knowing what drives them in order to drive market share growth
- Able to strategize and lead significant product releases, taking into account all the contingencies and critical business partnerships involved
- Analytical prowess, taking client and product data and deriving insights and solutions
- Strong project management skills and self-driven to own several initiatives at once
- Understanding of the Agile way of working
- Must have an MBA or a minimum of 10 years of experience and leadership in product development and product management in the wealth management industry
- Possess a Series 7 and 66 license or can obtain the licenses within first 6 months
The Skills You Bring
You are able deliver customer value and business results on the squad by:
- Helping increase Fidelity SMA net flows, Fidelity SMA market share, Personal Investing customer penetration, managed account asset retention and contributing to vitality and innovation
- Performing research and analysis on future and existing clients while understanding our position relative to the competition and industry
- Lead and support the team in solution brainstorming
- Perform financial analysis to determine total cost of ownership for solutions
- Use your knowledge of delivery channels to coordinate national launch efforts
- Understanding digital solutions and leveraging digital whenever appropriate to drive customer ease of use and early loyalty
- Synthesizing complex data from multiple, disparate sources and present relevant insights and themes in a simple/clear way
- Continually grow your knowledge of clients, Fidelity products/services, investments and competitor/industry offerings and trends - in essence, continue to develop your skills
- Defining experimentation agendas and assessing work against key performance indicators, revenue targets, and scorecards
Your knowledge as a subject matter expert in the following areas will enable you to:
- Provide a voice at the table with senior leaders to discuss, debate, challenge, and influence key strategic decisions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for designated category/asset class of SMA products
- Represent and articulate the investment philosophy and features of your product line in support of communications, training, marketing, sales and retention of SMA products
- Articulate benefits and drawbacks of investment approaches and can respectfully challenge assumptions
- Evangelize and defend how SMAs serve a client's goal to the novice investor, the front line associate, key internal business partners, and the most educated investor
- Explain sales and redemption trends to senior management while also deriving thoughtful approaches to improve both
- Support work across squads to ensure experiences delivered by squads fit together, as a customer experiences them, graduating from one experience to the next in a way that is comfortable and valuable for the customer
You bring strength in implementation and measurement of client solutions by:
- Participating in and leading readiness and roll out activities for clients and Fidelity associates
- Performing business testing focused on the overall client and associate experience
- Developing key squad level metrics to measure the effectiveness of the solution hypotheses
- Implementing, measuring, and utilizing metrics to aid in identifying improvement opportunities
- Staying abreast of the regulatory environment, and monitoring how the SMA products are positioned to the client, while continuously reviewing the customer suitability guardrails
The Value You Deliver
You are a Client Solutions Chapter Member deployed in the SMA Offerings Squad in the Managed Solutions Tribe. Managed Solutions provides discretionary money management services on over 900,000 accounts with over $310B in assets under management. The opportunity to expand and support Fidelity's distribution of managed accounts solutions to PWI clients and deepen the penetration of those products & services through our branch and phone organizations is enormous. As a SMA Offerings squad member, you will collaborate with the squad lead, your squad teammates, and our business partners to develop new Separately Managed Account offerings that meet the growing needs of our clients, while also continuously improving upon our existing SMA offering to better serve our clients and client facing associates.
- Represent the SMA squad at product councils, distribution advisory committees, and cross squad planning discussions, providing value add considerations and thought leadership
- Impact and influence senior management in key decisions that would drive Fidelity's strategic advantage in the Managed Solutions space, especially as it relates to SMA's
- Drive or support key aspects of the development life cycle including business case development, business requirements, end-to-end customer experience, and implementation.
- Work with our business partners to create optimal associate and client experiences that address the needs and pain points of our managed solutions clients
- Advocate for and incrementally improve existing product line