Business Analyst I
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Business Analyst I
Lead and manage the requirements, user acceptance testing and implementation of small to medium scale cross-functional projects. Provide guidance to a less experienced direct reports assigned to the Digital Transformation Project.
Within the first six (6) to twelve (12) months the person in this position will be expected to:
1. Understand core systems, processes, products and the impact to the project and business objectives utilizing Lean Principles.
2. Ability to handle multiple projects, special assignments and other priorities and adjust work accordingly to meet target deadlines.
3. Active participant in managing project integration, scope, time, costs, benefits, and quality and communicates the status, risk, and issues associated with each to the correct levels(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time.
This position is responsible for:
1. Coordinates with IT and business sponsors on business case development and cost/benefit analysis.
2. Ensure that the project Sponsors expectations are translated into clear defined scope.
3. Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring the requirements, needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders are met.
4. Evaluate options available and identify the pros and cons of each option as they relate to system processing, business processing, time and cost and recommend the best possible solutions and estimates.
5. Work with business units to complete all requirements gathering exercises for assigned projects and produce user stories and benefit analysis where necessary.
6. Work with project team members to identify sequence, estimate project related activities and produce the required project management schedule.
7. Work with IT/QA, business owners and project team members to ensure test plans and test cases are comprehensive.
8. Provides guidance to less experienced team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
9. Develops reporting documentation (Monthly Status Reports, etc.) so that all administrative coordination points between cross functional departments and projects are informed/updated regularly.
The best people doing this job will have:
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or four years related work experience.
2. 2-4 years project management.
3. Experience and understanding of AGILE project management philosophies, with practical experience using this method in system enhancement projects.
4. Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
1. Demonstrates initiative, perseverance, and commitment in accomplishing objectives.
2. Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to identify a problem, analyze the source and root cause of the problem and recommend viable solutions.
3. Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to all levels of management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
4. Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.