Sr. Business Analyst- Strategic Planning & Performance Management
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFITis all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
As part of the Performance Excellence team, you will be responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities within the Group Retirement division. You will be responsible for reporting on performance measures that assist the executive team with identification of trends in performance and areas of opportunity. Tracking performance impact to cost and savings with an eye on return on investment, long-range planning and understanding the difference between strategic, operational and tactical initiatives will ensure success for you and your team.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Identify benefits to determine whether projects, programs or continuous improvement events will produce the intended result
- Maintain benefit register and communicate the delivery of benefits throughout the duration of the project or program
- Continuously monitor performance measures and alignment to projects and / or continuous improvement initiatives
- Support Pre-proposal phase of Excellence Planning for business units with business opportunity analytics
- Ensure duplication of cost savings reporting is mitigated
- In partnership with the PE team, ensure KPI targets are valid, reliable and the BOA is accurate
- Ensure alignment with the formal strategy of the organization and that benefits are sustained after project implementation is complete
- Organize and maintain data in a logical manner, maintaining controls and data integrity
What we are looking for
The best people doing this job will have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or four years related work experience.
- 5-10 years project management
- Expert level with Excel
- Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Project Management/SDLC, and tools
- Experience in MS Office applications, including use of MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint
- Demonstrates initiative, perseverance, and commitment in accomplishing objectives.
- Ability to drive accountability of outcomes and tie back to departmental budgets
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to analyze problems, evaluate options and develop / implement solutions to organizational challenges
- Ability to communicate information of a complex nature to mid-level management (written and verbal) in easy to understand business language.
- Strong communication skills-oral written and presentation
- Strategic thinking, planning and evaluating contributing to translating vision into action
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.