Claims Analyst III - Professional Liability
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims department. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG. Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
This Claims Analyst III position is responsible for handling a pending case load that varies between 175 to 200 Professional Liability matters, including Employment Practices, School Leaders, Public Officials and Miscellaneous Professional exposures.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate coverage and analyze liability and financial exposure
- Litigation management, including verbal and written communications with defense counsel, insureds to establish strategies to resolve claims.
- Present claim resolution strategies to managers and advise internal customers of claim trends
- Position requires up to 25% travel to attend client meetings, mediations and mandatory settlement conferences.
What we are looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter comfortable with interfacing with attorneys and clients
- 3-5 years of litigation and/or claim adjusting experience
- JD highly preferred; Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Proficient in creating documents in Word and adaptable to company claim programs
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.