IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Group Services, Inc
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (as DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re.
Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
Your Contribution at AIG/Fortitude Re
The Security Engineer is responsible for design, development and ongoing operational support of Fortitude Re's security capabilities. The individual will work directly with our internal customers to develop, deliver and monitor our security services. The individual is responsible for all aspects of delivery of the capability, including security compliance and monitoring, messaging and communications security, application and data security, network security, and endpoint protection for Fortitude Re.
Our vision is to develop, maintain and monitor a secure cloud delivered platform for both our end user customers and our application development teams with a high level of automation.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing security tooling to support the overall corporate IT landscape.
- Manage and operate a secure working environment for employees and assets.
- Develop and operate identity and access management capability.
- Operate the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Champion all security, compliance and regulatory initiatives within Fortitude Re
Ideally the right candidate will have working knowledge and the ability to demonstrate hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Security policy design and implementation in a cloud environment
- DLP and eDiscovery Tools
- Identity and Access Management Solutions
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Encryption standards for data privacy and protection
Desirable skills include:
- Experience with client endpoint/VDI environments
- Network security design, on-premises, cloud, and B2B connectivity
- Previous experience in insurance or highly regulated industry a plus (PCI/HIPPA)
- Experience managing security and/or compliance audits
Base Skills include:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to develop and present clear and concise analysis and recommendations
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.