IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Group Services, Inc
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (as DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re.
Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
Your Contribution at AIG/Fortitude Re
The Infrastructure Engineer is accountable for day to day delivery of infrastructure engineering, call center engineering, workplace services, network operation, help desk delivery and identity and access management for Fortitude Re.
Our vision is to develop, maintain and monitor a cloud delivered platform for both our end user customers and our application development teams with a high level of automation.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing infrastructure tooling to support application development teams in running applications.
- Operate the Level 1 help desk capability.
- Champion cloud native infrastructure capabilities within the organization.
- Develop and operate a next generation network to connect with our employees, clients, and partners.
Ideally the right candidate will have working knowledge and the ability to demonstrate hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services
- Terraform / Cloudformation
- Windows and Linux Administration Experience
- Configuration Tools (ie. CHEF or Puppet)
- Programming Languages (ie. Python or Go)
Desirable skills include:
- Experience with client endpoint/VDI environments
- IBM Mainframe experience
- Infrastructure patterns for Microservices
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity experience
- Life and/or Property Casualty Insurance experience
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry a plus (ie. PCI/HIPPA)
Base Skills include:
- Strong project management, and project execution skills, with proven ability to deliver key projects and programs on time and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service skills, including ability to develop and present clear and concise analysis and recommendations
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to dissect complex business issues, performs research and analysis, and synthesize conclusions into a value-maximizing strategy.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound judgments backed by strong analytical skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.