Fund Administration Supervisor
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
SunAmerica Asset Management is one of the nation's leading producers and distributors of mutual funds and asset management services. We manage and/or administer a family of 21 retail mutual funds as well as a significant portion of the underlying separate account of assets of SunAmerica Retirement Markets and VALIC variable annuities. Our Fund Administration group in Jersey City, NJ is currently seeking a Fund Administration Supervisor to join our team.
The Fund Administration group is responsible for providing operational and administrative services for over 150 mutual funds in 11 Series/Trusts. Most of our Funds are multiclass, and includes all types of funds, for example international, income, equity, money market, fund of funds, etc. Finance professionals play a critical role in supporting the demands of multiple constituents, including AIG executives, regulators, and stakeholders, while staying at the forefront of accounting and reporting requirements and compliance strategies
Your contributions at AIG:
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business. In your role, you will be responsible for supporting the department with various fund administration responsibilities, including:
- Detail review of annual and semi-annual shareholder reports (financial statements) for various SEC filings, as well as interim and quarterly reports
- Coordinate annual audits with outside auditors, Tax and Financial Statements Printers
- Detail review of quarterly IRS/SEC diversification tests
- Coordinate quarterly and year end Fund distributions
- Daily, weekly, monthly review of the funds accounting agent and custodian (a third party),
- Detail review of various monthly and quarterly internal reports,
- Detail review of quarterly Board of Trustees materials,
- Monthly review of expense accrual analysis worksheets, and budgeting of Fund expenses.
- 3-5 Years Mutual Fund reporting experience
- Ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel (intermediate to advance level)
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting/Finance
- MBA and/or CPA, a plus
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.