Bilingual Case Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
The Case Manager is the main point of contact to provide support for producers by acting as owner of new business cases. Responsible for quality review of any actions taken on the case, order and follow-up on pending requirements necessary for underwriting approval, follow-up on delivery requirements on conditionally issued cases, premium management and case issue.
Your contribution at AIG
- Build relationships with producers through strong communication skills.
- Provide full case management including but not limited to reviewing, scanning and submitting applications while providing status communication to producers and managers.
- Key point of contact for producers and managers on questions, concerns, guidelines, procedures and escalation involving sales, licensing and contracting, underwriting, new business and customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems related to case management.
- Produce policy illustration as required.
- Analyze and generate report to gauge New Business operation productivity and effectiveness.
- Work closely with Director of Operations to deliver case management efficiencies and results.
- Provide update to Director of Operations on cases that may require additional attention or escalation.
- Conduct individual meetings with Agency Directors to identify cases that may require special handling as directed by Director of Operations.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and reports for various firm meetings.
- Provide additional office support as directed by Director of Operations.
What we are looking for
- Associate degree or above is required.
- One to three years of job related experience in the insurance industry.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Have proven relationship building skills, capacity to make consistent sound and effective decisions while demonstrating a high energy level, positive attitude and results-oriented through proactive, effective communication.
- Be cross-trained for all functions as needed with a strong understanding of products, sales underwriting, new business, licensing and commissions, and customer service workflows.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and other software applications.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.