Product Manager Training and Sales Support
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your Future Team
Do you want a career in Product Management? Our Life and Retirement division is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds long-standing, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S. With its strong capital position, customer-focused service, breadth of product expertise and deep distribution relationships across multiple channels, Life and Retirement is well positioned to serve growing market needs.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development you provide your dedication, willingness to learn for a winning combination!
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides American with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
Your Contribution At AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients
This sales support position is responsible for providing product related support to the distribution and sale of Fixed, Index, and Variable Annuities. The sales support function within the Product Management Team supports the creation of training materials, delivery of training, Competitive Intelligence and Illustrations. This support is focused around our internal and external clients including, but not limited to: the sales organization, operations, and our product distribution partners at a back office level. Key functions of this position:
Creating product/feature training material for senior leadership Creating, maintaining and delivering product/feature training for sales, distributor sales desks and other audiences as needed Industry Sales Tools support as needed Competitive intelligence gathering and reporting as needed Supporting the testing of the hypothetical illustration system as needed
The successful candidate for this position will regularly collaborate with the product management, sales, marketing, and related teams in order to deliver training support for company initiatives. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the highest level of product knowledge and must be able to confidently and effectively communicate this knowledge (verbally and in writing). Lastly, this position will regularly participate in offsite product training sessions at annual National and Mid-Year training meetings, as well as on conference calls/webinars and in-house trainings
What We Are Looking For
- Responsible as the leader in creating new product and feature training presentations to support launches and key sales meetings (National, Mid-Year, and Divisional Sales meetings)
- Partner with Strategic Accounts and Sales management as needed in helping to lead successful launch strategies by providing the product training to broker-dealer home office personnel, including sales desks, back office personal, annuity managers, compliance officers and registered principals
- Deliver product and feature training, as well as refresher trainings to sales teams when needed
- Responsible for answering and providing timely responses to sales organization's questions and requests relating to our Variable, Index, and Fixed Annuity products
- Support the Competitive Intelligence team as needed
- Support the Illustration team as needed
- Create and/or support development and/or delivery of training tools and materials for sales and service teams to support new product initiatives and ongoing product training needs for sales and operations
- Review advisor and client approved marketing materials
- Set up, maintain, and organize electronic records using customized department Access database and or SharePoint sites
- Create, store, and maintain reports for presentation to management through the use of the data warehouse, Access database, or other data sources
- Carry out other tasks as required ensuring timely, accurate, and cost effective support and implementation of new initiatives or other projects supporting the sales and/or distribution of the company's products
- BA/BS plus 2-7 years business related experience or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in presenting ideas to key contributors throughout an organization
- Strong public speaking and training skills with the ability to confidently and effectively position our Variable, Index, and Fixed Annuity products
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Skills, especially in PowerPoint presentation development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to understand impacts of simple to moderately complex concepts
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to create detailed reports andprovide analysis
- Impeccable organization and follow-up skills
- Strong annuity (variable, indexed, fixed) industry knowledge and experience (preferably in a sales, distributor/agency, marketing or service capacity)
- Industry knowledge (understand service, sales, distribution, and regulatory matters)
- Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation)
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines
- Proven track record in completing assigned tasks and projects
- Strong understanding of various business areas of companies (such as operations, legal, sales, marketing, service) and how each area contributes to the effective management of new initiatives
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change
- Results rather than task orientation
- Ability to quickly assess strengths/weaknesses and address potential issues
- Travel 10% of time
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Career path and growth potential
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.