Regional Head of Credit Risk, Trade Credit Americas
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Directly reporting to the Chief Credit Officer Trade Credit, this position will focus on ensuring the regional credit direction and performance of the Trade Credit/Trade Finance portfolio within the Americas region, allowing the business to meet its current and future profitability objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Regional direction of the Americas trade credit/trade finance portfolio including Operational risk management
- Review and implement pricing models to ensure and optimum balance between the credit risk exposure taken and the premium return for the risk
- Provide expert input in the development of exposure and portfolio credit management techniques
- Development of new business renewal negotiation strategies from a credit perspective
- Assist in reviewing structures, wordings and new product developments as they relate to the credit risk impact
- Day to day management of the regional Credit Officer team to ensure the Trade Credit/Trade Finance and AIG ERM objectives are consistently implemented.
- Ensure the continual professional development of the regional Credit Officer team
Regional Credit Committee Management
- Management of the Regional Credit Committee to ensure that guidelines are met and all decisions of the committee are documented.
- Representing regional risks on the Global Credit Committee and the Risk and Pricing Committee when required
- Perform credit reviews and ORR (grade) recommendations for large buyer portfolio (concentration names with gross exposure of $25MM or greater).
- Establish aggregate limits within Trade Credit/Trade Finance appetite framework to support underwriting production targets.
- Perform credit reviews and ORR recommendations for Higher Risk and Watchlist Buyers of $10MM or greater (ORR 6 and worse names)
- Respond to UW ad-hoc requests for credit limit review/approvals related to specific renewals and/or new business opportunities in a time efficient manner
- Present transactions to Regional Credit Committee, Global Credit Committee or Risk and Pricing Committee where individual buyer limits and aggregate buyer limits trigger agreed thresholds
- Assist and guide Underwriters with new or renewal buyer portfolios as it pertains to buyer risk, policy structure and mitigation parameters
- Initiate and/or participate in buyer calls and/or visits as needed to ascertain applicable risk profile and appropriate risk appetite
- Ensure ORR coverage for all Buyer names with gross exposure of $5MM or greater
- Ensure all Policyholders have been assigned an ORR rating
- Ensure ORR aging is within AIG Credit Policy Guidelines
- Ensure aggregate limits are in place and in date for all names with gross exposure of $5MM or greater
- Ensure all approvals are recorded and related supporting materials saved to the Buyer Aggregation System (BAS)
Reporting / Portfolio Management
- Prepare monthly and quarterly exposure reports as required
- Update regional Watch List names and strategies for quarterly review
- Review month EDF/CDS change reports and circulate to UWs to inform on high risk names
- Respond to ad-hoc exposure inquiries from Trade Credit or ERM
Credit Management Reviews
- Assist underwriters in conducting credit management reviews for rating the credit management strength of new business or renewal policyholders
- Undertake sector reviews (split by policyholder or Buyer) on a periodic basis as is deemed necessary by the Chief Credit Officer or Regional Head of Credit
Training and processes
- Assist to enhance trade credit/trade finance risk management practices
- Prepare and deliver training local and global colleagues (including our Manila Shared Service team) on credit and transaction analysis
What we are looking for:
- Experience in managing a team of trade credit specialists
- Minimum 10 years' credit risk and transaction analysis experience developed within a leading trade credit or equivalent organisation. Experience of credit management in a commercial, banking or factoring organisation is desirable
- Experience of using different market leading credit risk management portfolio techniques and tools
- Understanding of trade credit/trade finance policies and their respective credit risk drivers and mitigants
- Working knowledge of trade and export products (receivables, confirmed payables, supply chain finance, guarantees, letters of credit, trade loans etc.) from a credit risk analysis perspective.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, presentations
- Organisational skills and project management
- Ability to manage time pressure, deadlines and competing tasks/ prioritize on behalf of the credit officer team
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a diverse and growing portfolio.
- Proven decision making skills
- Interpersonal skills - team player with internal and external stakeholders/ clients
- Ability to engage with diverse, global teams
- Willingness to travel regionally is desirable
- Business acumen
- Ability to work in a changing environment
Technical skills & knowledge
- Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, basic transactional modelling and forecasting
- Competent in IT packages and institutional systems
- Knowledge of different risk and portfolio management packages are desirable.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.