Business Intelligence Analyst
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Group Services, Inc
In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
As part of Fortitude Re's Life & Annuity Management team, the Business Intelligence Analyst will occupy a versatile role with a central focus of supporting company efforts on targeted blocks of business through data access, product and system knowledge, and analytics. Candidates best suited for this position are inquisitive, possess a history of extracting and analyzing data from data warehouses, and are able to proactively identify areas of importance across diverse data sets and business needs. Through a non-routine and varied workload, the Business Intelligence Analyst will come to serve as a subject matter expert across a number of areas and will support varied company projects through their ability to analyze and show data in insightful ways.
- Serving as a data and business insight resource for Fortitude Re through data knowledge, mining, extraction, manipulation, and compilation.
- Proactively researching blocks of business for areas of investment, divesture, and impactful shifts in trends and performance.
- Empowering the Life & Annuity Management team through the development and distribution of dashboards and reports, particularly through the use of business intelligence software
- Support cross-functional projects requiring a wide breadth of data expertise.
- Perform various forms of data research and investigation to respond to business needs, as well as identifying data discrepancies and root causes.
- Improving department efficiency through the creation of standardized data sources for non-technical end users.
- Supporting current efforts on creating a comprehensive and robust data lake for Fortitude Re's business units
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or related experience.
- Minimum 1, Preferred 2+ years of experience working with data warehouses and IT systems.
- General Life, Retirement, and A&H product knowledge.
- Demonstrated data interpretation and visualization capabilities.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on technical skills (SQL, VBA, MS Office Suite).
- Self-driven and able to work with minimum supervision, in addition to participating as part of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple disparate projects.
- Experience with BI software, Python, and cloud platforms a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.