Assistant Facility Manager
CS - Corporate Services
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds long-standing, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S. With its strong capital position, customer-focused service, breadth of product expertise and deep distribution relationships across multiple channels, Life and Retirement is well positioned to serve growing market needs. We are looking for an experienced Assistant Facility Manager to support our team.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
Under the supervision of the Facility Manager and Director of Real Estate Services, the Assistant Facility Manager is responsible for supporting facilities maintenance and management. Primary responsibilities include ensuring client facilities, equipment, offices/rooms, and systems are maintained, cleaned, repaired, and serviced in accordance with department standards and requirements.
Due to the nature of AIG's business, there is a significant emphasis on critical systems, business continuity and HSE therefore a good working knowledge and understanding of these requirements is essential.
What we are looking for:
• Supports the Facility Manager in the day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the facility to assure maintenance of approved quality standards.
• Supports the implementation of all maintenance programs relating to the conditions and appearance of the facilities.
• Under the direction of the Facility Manager, responds promptly to requests for maintenance, repairs, cleaning needs, etc. and works with the Landlord or outside vendors to remediate and resolve needs and problems.
• Assists the Facility Manager in preparation of budgets, Master Service Agreements, expenditures and invoicing related to the facility as directed.
• Expected to be familiar with the lease contract, vendor agreements, and other building/facility contracts and all requirements contained therein.
• Assists the Facility Manager in the preparation and coordination of fire, life safety and other safety programs.
• Helps to monitor and ensure that vendors comply with insurance requirements and coordinate access.
• Works with staff in the space planning organization on moves. May oversee & coordinate move activity and other necessary specialty trade contractors/vendors. Liaison to various in-house support groups for moves.
• Proactively inspects the facility, systems, rooms, common areas, conference rooms, etc. and reports back any findings or issues to the Facility Manager.
• At times will be required to assist with repairs to furniture and fixtures, lighting, audio / visual, etc.
• Responsible for the completion of work order requests in a timely fashion and to the satisfaction of the established SLA.
• Responsible for the stocking and supply of panty stations with basic office supplies.
• Keep all assigned conference rooms, kitchens and common areas clean and orderly.
• Monitors all supply needs and detail inventory while coordinating vendor support and supply.
• On call availability during nights and weekends as required to ensure response times for critical events are handled according to established plans.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Skills, education, and experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of real estate/facility coordination or management experience required.
• Ability to work well with a variety of different individuals both inside and outside of the company.
• Ability to handle multiple complex tasks with minimal supervision while also adhering to the policies and procedures and company objectives.
• Strong computer, writing skills, Microsoft office.
• Strong communication skills a must - ability to communicate both verbally & written speaking directly to our clients & customers
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.