Instructional Designer / Learning Architect
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Designer to join our team! You will play a key role in shaping and developing our world-class learning plans and programs. You will partner closely with key stakeholders and subject matter experts globally and support immediate and long-term learning strategies aligned with AIG's HR Centralized Services Learning & Development objectives. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate a full range of global learning solutions across a broad scope of delivery methods and modalities. You will be involved in the instructional methods, learning technologies, and processes for developing innovative, efficient and effective learning solutions.
This position can be based REMOTE anywhere in the United States (or work in our offices in designated cities)
- Design, implement and drive continuous improvement of end-to-end learning processes
- Apply expertise designing programs and curricula for global audiences working with virtual teams in a large matrix organization to ensure multi-language translation and cross-cultural adaptation
- Analyze target audience, job tasks, learner environment, and existing content to identify appropriate instructional strategies. Develop performance measures: criterion-referenced achievement tests, questionnaires, interviews, and simulation scenarios.
- Design and develop learning solutions utilizing modern learning (student-centered) methods to ensure learning initiatives are constructed to produce the desired changes in behavior, attitude, knowledge and skills needed to make real business impact
- Utilize sound instructional design methodologies to create complex (e.g., guided discovery, case method, problem-based, game-based, competency-based approaches), high-quality and innovative (formal, informal, blended) instructional materials and learning solutions
- Select and use appropriate techniques to define and sequence instructional content. Conduct media analysis to efficiently and effectively match instructional media to the content, the audience, and desired outcomes
- Collaborate with global teams and subject matter experts on course design, development, and delivery
- Create and maintain job/task analysis, training needs analysis, design documents, storyboards, video scripts project plans, and other artifacts for various training projects
- Apply project management principles and tools to direct the ID process to deliver results on time, on budget, and within scope
- Coordinate with Global, Regional, Product, and Functional units to support the administration of training through the Corporate LMS
- Develop and maintain training materials, documentation, manuals, job-aids, quick- reference guides and other training aids used in classroom and technology-based courses
- Deliver training including train-the-trainer via classroom and virtual instructor-led sessions
- Collect and analyze program data to evaluate learning experiences and program effectiveness; identify problem areas and make recommendations for improvements
- Actively research evolving trends in the field of learning and recommend innovative training tools and technique to deliver cutting edge design solutions
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree
- 7+ years related experience in the following:
- Instructional Design
- Learning & Development
- Curriculum Development
- Competency Based Learning
- Developing blending learning platforms
- Communications and/or Marketing experience helpful
- Project Management skills helpful
- Ability to work within a virtual team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.