Sr. Account Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception, writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
VALIC Operations is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment and operates within a strong compliance and regulatory environment. The functions are high impact and include operations and service activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of retirement plans such as plan implementations, transaction activities, reporting and customer contact centers.
Each Sr. Account Manager will report directly to the Account Manager Manager and will work very closely with other group retirement professionals.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
This position is responsible for:
- Overseeing the operational aspects for Group Client Retirement Plans, to ensure that Plan Sponsors' requests are completed timely and accurately
- Utilizing a strong understanding of plan provisions for retirement plans and how this applies to day-to-day operations
- Responding to questions, performing research, and providing group clients with pertinent plan-related information regarding plan activity and operations for their assigned plans
- Maintaining assigned retirement plans with complexities that may include controlled groups and individually-designed plan documents and groups with special exceptions and provisions
- Using project management skills to coordinate client requests, problem resolution, and retirement plan changes
- Conducting regular review and oversight of group/plan relationships to ensure accurate plan messaging, audit transaction processing and reporting. Provide supplemental reporting to management as needed
- Establishing working relationships with others within the organization in order to achieve common objectives
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 4 years of related experience
- Retirement plan industry experience is preferred
- Solid working knowledge of pension plan types and defined contribution plans
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong account management skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.