Assistant Director - Life & Retirement Risk Analytics
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Life Risk Analytics team plays in integral role in supporting the enterprise-wide initiatives, such as the refinement and implementations AIG's Internal Capital (IC) and Market Based Embedded Value frameworks (MBEV), as related to the Life & Retirement businesses. The team performs independent review and effective challenge of the reserving models, methodologies and assumptions per the requirements set forth in the AIG L&R Finance Actuarial Judgment (FAJ) standards. The team also assists the business line Risk Officers (ROs) in the continual quantification, assessment and management of insurance risks in the L&R business.
AIG L&R ERM is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Life Risk Analytics team. Please note that this position will initially support both the Risk Analytics and AIG Life ERM team on a 50/50 basis. Over the long term, it is expected to be 100% for Risk Analytics.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Review and challenge L&R Reserves and related actuarial judgment on a contemporaneous and ad hoc deep dive basis with formal documentation and communication to various parties.
- Support AIG Life Risk Officer on risk oversight and risk management initiatives related to U.S. Life Insurance business.
- Collaborate with Finance and corporate ERM to define stress testing requirements for L&R. Stand behind and explain the definition of stress testing, its purpose and the value to the organization.
- Perform in-depth analysis to refine the assumptions and methodologies related to the determinations of the stress scenarios applied to the risk factors used in the calculations of IC & MBEV.
- Review and opine on reconciliation of different capital models under different capital regimes used by L&R businesses and confirm their appropriate use and understanding.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics or related field; advanced degree preferred. Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and/or CFA.
- 10+ years of experience in Actuarial, Risk, Finance, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge with GAAP / Statutory reserving, including PBR and targeted improvements, for life & annuity products a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey complex concepts to various audiences in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Ability to build relationship and collaborate with all levels of management and partners across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with excellent documentation skills.
- Experience with actuarial modeling platform (TAS, Prophet, MoSes or GGY AXIS).
- Experience with data analytics software such as SAS, R, or Python a plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.