Client Application Support Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
The Direct Business Support team at AIG is seeking a Client Application Support Engineer. The position is based on the AIG Houston Campus and requires ongoing coordination with the teams based in NYC, Los Angles and Wilton, CT. The role is responsible for providing support to the various mission critical applications to the multiple user communities within the company. Candidates appropriate for the role should have career experience in the financial services industry. This is a very hands-on role requiring advanced technical expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end users and production systems. This role focuses on resolving complicated problems that could be caused by a variety of application or technology related issues.
- Provide front-line support for Houston-based users.
- Provide support for all mission critical applications for a variety of users. Must be able to effectively troubleshoot a wide variety of application, software, and network-related issues.
- Hands-on participation in the day-to-day work of the Direct Business Support team. Respond to end user requests, troubleshoot application problems, and participate in ongoing project work. Assist in off-hours (including weekends) support coverage.
- Support and troubleshoot applications including financial market data applications (Bloomberg, Reuters, and others), third party web-based applications, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- The candidate must be able to quickly learn details of proprietary applications and troubleshoot effectively when there may be limited documentation or vendor resources.
- Perform tier 2-3 support for advanced problems with enterprise applications.
- Understand and support environments with mixed database connectivity (Oracle 10, 11, and SQL 2008, 2012). Full understanding of Windows ODBC stack and associated troubleshooting methods, as well as deep knowledge of underlying Windows application framework (DLL's, etc.).
- Utilize appropriate toolset to troubleshoot performance, connectivity, and latency problems to their resolution.
- Operate within the defined workflow which captures user requests, resolves issues, and “closes the loop” by verifying the end user and application owner are satisfied with the solution.
- The candidate will “own” the problem and ensure that it is successfully resolved, even if interfacing with other teams and groups is required.
- The candidate should be able to prioritize multiple projects and user requests in an ongoing basis.
- Troubleshoot/Diagnose Windows Active Directory, role-based security, and Group Policy management issues.
- Three to five years' experience supporting mission critical applications and delivering End User support services to executive groups and departments within investment and/or financial services firms (banks, prime brokerage companies, trading firms).
- Extensive hands-on experience and deep knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and Office suite of applications, Internet Explorer and Web browser technologies
- Knowledge of Citrix architecture (Xendesktop)
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp-based application delivery methods, permissions, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to automate solutions to problems using scripting technologies such as Windows PowerShell, Windows .bat/.cmd files, and other scripting languages.
- Candidates must be professional, service oriented, articulate, able to explain technical matters in a clear and concise manner, patient, and must have a genuine interest in proactively helping others in their technical matters. Excellent written communications is required.
- Must demonstrate an ability and interest in having a hands-on technical approach to the End-User Application Support function. Must have an ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, prioritize accordingly, and follow-thru to completion.
- Will be able to work independently and within a team.
- A BA/BS college degree with academic exposure to Computer Science and/or technology.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.