Claims Senior Analyst -Environmental/Coverage
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Claims, Inc.
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Claims department. Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG. Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
- This position will ensure high quality claim handling in the Coverage-Environmental Property Damage Unit.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Primary function is to investigate, evaluate and resolve new and existing environmental claims.
- Manage, document and organize all claims/ cases assigned.
- Negotiate and resolve claims effectively and efficiently.
- Hire and manage defense and coverage counsel, and any other external resources.
- Create and provide status reports to claims management, actuarial, and underwriting.
- Review damages and damage assessments and provide independent analysis.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
What we are looking for
- JD or Environmental degree required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in either environmental insurance, environmental litigation or environmental consulting.
- Have the ability to handle complex claims involving diverse coverage issues related to GL and Retained Environmental policies.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, along with excellent communication, negotiation and investigation skills are required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.