Director, Team Lead -Trust Administration
The Team Lead, Trust Administration within Fidelity Personal Trust Company, FSB (“FPTC”) will provide daily oversight and direct management of a team of 5-8 trust professionals located in Merrimack, NH. Responsibilities will include leading, coaching and developing all members of the team and inspiring commitment, attitude, service and teamwork. The Team Lead will have primary responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day trust account administration within the client relationship team as well as project management responsibilities as needed.
Fidelity Personal Trust Company, FSB (“FPTC”) is a federally chartered trust company. FPTC offers personal trust services to Fidelity's high net worth customers in every state. The Trust Team Lead provides leadership of a trust administration team to ensure proper administration of FPTC's trust business and reports to the Vice President, Head of Trust Administration. The position interfaces directly with prospects, clients and advisors supporting FPTC's high net worth clients. In addition to engaging clients, the role works with other Trust Team Leads, Regional Trust Specialists, Regional Fiduciary Officers, Trust Tax Team, Trust Operations, Compliance and Legal, to meet fiduciary duties. We take great pride in building strong and lasting relationships with our customers, providing sound fiduciary guidance, and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
The Expertise You Have
- A BA/BS degree is required and MBA or JD encouraged
- A minimum of 5 years of trust services experience including proven strong leadership and coaching experience Significant knowledge of trust and fiduciary products and services, income and principal accounting, personal and trust income taxation, estate tax, gift tax, GST tax, investments, trust and estate law, estate planning, retirement planning, and other financial services.
- Series 7, 9/10, and 66 required or willing to obtain within 90 days. CTFA, CFP encouraged
The Skills You Bring
- Your strong ability to lead, coach and develop a team of client-facing trust associates and to take initiative
- Strong results focus and a proven ability to meet and deliver on business goals
- Your excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, customer service, attention to detail, follow-through, and analytical, strategic and tactical skills are required.
- Your strong presentation skills and ability to relay complex information understandably
- Your ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
The Value You Deliver
- Leading, coaching and managing a team of Senior Trust Officers, Trust Officers, Associate Trust Officers, and Trust Administrators with complex books of business consisting of trust accounts where FPTC serves as Trustee or Co-Trustee or Agent for Trustee
- Collaborating with the team of Senior Trust Officers, Trust Officers, Associate Trust Officers, and Trust Administrators, to perform periodic reviews of client relationships for risk assessment; enhancement of services; and identification of new business opportunities
- Partnering closely with other Trust Team Leads to ensure consistency and teamwork across all of trust administration, creating a climate that recognizes the importance of cross-business cooperation and support, and proactively coaching the team to ensure business and development goals are met
- Working with Regional Trust Specialists, Vice President / Chief Fiduciary Officer, Regional Fiduciary Officers, Trust Tax Group and other business partners to manage fiduciary risk and enforce, develop and implement policies and procedures for trust administration.
- Participating in decisions and providing guidance and coaching with respect to discretionary and non-discretionary distributions from trusts, including the review of requests and cases for content and appropriate supporting documentation, review of powers to adjust or unitrust conversions, special investment requests, etc.
- Performing additional special projects as needed such as assisting with new technology initiatives and workflows, remediating items from compliance audits, assisting with regulatory exam responses, and collateral review