Financial Services Associate/Claim's Processor
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your Future Team
Looking for a career in a business that helps their customers secure their financial future? AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. The Operation Processors for the Variable and Index Annuity Claims and Annuitization team are at the core of providing excellent service to our valued customers.
As a Claims Processor, you are primarily responsible for initiating and processing death claims. This position works in a team oriented environment and requires a positive attitude, attention to detail, and exemplary attendance
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity, and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door with a growing business within AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion, and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business and our clients! Help us be our client's most valued insurer.
- Ensure each client interaction provides stellar quality service with established standards.
- Attain knowledge of various internal computer programs and have the ability to manipulate multiple screens simultaneously.
- Provide applicable forms for processing claims upon notification of a claim.
- Review documentation received to determine if the paperwork is in good order and process the claim as directed by the beneficiary.
- Provide correspondence and verbal communication to clients, agents, and internal business partners regarding missing documents or required information.
- Review periodic reports and take appropriate action.
- Applicant will be responsible for meeting established production levels with an appropriate accuracy level.
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to analyze and research routine requested/inquiries from clients and determine appropriate action.
- Prioritizing activities, seeking the input and cooperation of others, getting approvals and tracking down information. Overtime is required at various times throughout the year
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for local charitable and community participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.