Business Systems Analyst Senior, Annuity In-Force Product Management
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
Reporting to the Director of In-Force Product Management, this position will utilize their annuity product expertise along with technical knowledge of annuity administrative systems to support in-force annuity product initiatives. This individual will analyze and evaluate business needs and provide technical direction and recommendations to modify system functionality and ensure such modifications are implemented effectively. The position requires interaction with Project and Product Managers within Individual Retirement as well as members from the following functional areas: Information Technology, ABSS, Operations, Contract Filing, Legal, Compliance, and other areas of the company involved with product initiatives, and ongoing management of products, features and services.
We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
• Analyze and help to define business requirements and testing approaches for system modifications related to in-force annuity product initiatives.
• Support resolution of systems issues impacting annuity products, including defining requirements, reviewing requirements documents and test plans, and implementation tracking and documentation to project close.
• Partner with Product Managers and IT developers to document complex business system requirements.
• Partner with IT Business Analysts to evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design.
• As needed, provide product and technical support to Project Managers with new product implementations.
• Record minutes for various ongoing meetings led by In-Force Product Managers.
• As needed, create and/or support the development and delivery of training materials and procedures for service teams to effectively utilize system modifications.
• Run reports as needed utilizing the data warehouse and other data sources.
• Carry out other tasks as required ensuring timely, accurate, and cost effective support and implementation of projects supporting annuity product initiatives.
What we are looking for
- Familiarity with annuity administrative systems (e.g. OASys).
- Knowledge and understanding of annuity products, functions and industry.
- Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycle.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis techniques and requirements tools.
- Experience with the development of effective test plans and use case methodology.
- Cross-functional knowledge of integrated systems.
- Quick learner. Ability to easily absorb and become proficient with new products and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to understand impacts of simple to moderately complex concepts.
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization across multiple sites.
- Extremely good writer who can define requirements and articulate ideas clearly using established guidelines.
- Impeccable attention to detail, ability to create detailed reports and run analysis.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- 3 - 5 years progressive experience analyzing and solving business problems through the development/implementation of business applications and test plans preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.