Product Manager - AI Investment Products - Fixed Income
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Our AIG Science team develops products that help the Investments arm of AIG manage over $300 billion. We achieve this by:
- Attracting top talent through an inclusive culture of freedom and responsibility;
- Pushing the boundaries of what's possible in advanced machine learning methods and technologies to improve investment decision-making, performance, and risk management;
- Pursuing an AI-First Product strategy: we believe that the best way to create value from AI is through building products designed around users' needs, where through user interaction these products become increasingly better at proactively informing and assisting users.”
As an AI-first product-led team, our Product Managers are crucial to Science's ultimate success. And now we're looking for a Product Manager to join us in our New York office to help shape and optimise the products we're working on. You'll work collaboratively with teams of scientists, engineers, designers, analysts and business partners to constantly align product vision, as well as innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. You'll need to have advanced analytical skills, including the ability to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions, combined with strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity. We have a culture that is focused on making products for our users at a fast pace, so you should be comfortable in this kind of environment - it's a multifaceted role where priorities can change rapidly.
To give you a better idea of what we believe makes a great AI-first Product Manager, our Chief Scientist Reza Khorshidi wrote a LinkedIn post about it. Read the post:
A passion for fixed income investing, as well as demonstrate deep knowledge of the market, is a must.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate or professional qualification (e.g. Master's degree or CFA), or progress towards one
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, ideally including experience working in a similar or related function
- A good knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives in Fixed Income. Including, but not limited to: investment strategies, key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Deep understanding of regulations and day-to-day governance of the Fixed Income market
- Experience with Python, R and VBA. Additionally, worked with large datasets, sourcing and mapping data requirements
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as creative problem-solving skills, and a solutions-oriented mind-set
- Strong business judgment, curiosity, comfort with ambiguity
- Leadership skills, grace under pressure, flexibility, and the ability to get things done
We'll trust you to:
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision, supported by internal and external analysis - including, but not limited to, defining and analysis of success metrics
- Define product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners and clients
- Work closely with teams of engineers, scientists and designers to develop products and deliver them to market
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.