Brokerage Operations Cashiering Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
The ideal candidate will be very tech savvy with the ability to work with multiple systems, have prior banking or brokerage experience and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Recent Financial graduates are encouraged to apply.
As a Brokerage Operations Cashiering Specialist, you will be required to demonstrate exceptional writing and verbal skills in order to effect constructive and affirmative communications. This role requires exceptional time management and problem solving skills.
- Participate in projects/tasks either independently or under the direction of the Supervisor
- Daily monitoring of and responding to Cashiering NBC inquiries within 24 hours
- Daily review and system input of various requests from clients and advisors
- Daily monitoring of task completion
- Demonstrate ownership of and provide advisor notification of task completion
- Daily notification to advisors regarding need for additional information to complete requests
- Any additional projects/tasks as needed by the department manager
- Strive daily to meet and exceed department processing service levels
- Work with NFS and other internal partners to meet/exceed established company goals, objectives and deliverables
- Must be energetic, client focused, and committed to providing premiere service to clients and advisors
- Possess superior overall business analysis, presentation, facilitation, QA and writing skills
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of broker dealer back-office or banking experience
- FINRA 99, 6 or 7 license is a plus
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively within and across departments
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.