RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
The Market Risk Management team manages a $50+ billion multi-asset book with responsibilities that range from: hedging, model generation, and new product design. We need a talented trading/risk management professional to join our team.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
- Play critical role in daily management of derivatives book
- Manage the portfolio and operations of the IA/VA/FA hedging book
- Aggregate and analyze risk data on both assets and liabilities
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date risk reporting
- Perform quantitative analysis on large scale derivatives portfolio
- Advance new hedging strategies
- Support new VA/IA product designs
- Strategic capital analysis (CCAR,ALM)
- Communicate results to external constituents, including senior leadership
- Interact/maintain close relationship with banks and investment community to stay abreast of new developments in capital markets space
- Communicate and coordinate with staff throughout the businesses and functions on specific risk issues
- Provide technical expertise to questions from internal and external sources
- Financial derivatives and investment related projects as needed.
- Able to perform under pressure in fast paced environment where priorities can shift quickly
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- Master's degree in numerate field a plus.
- CFA, FRM, CQF or other financial mathematics designation(s) a plus
- Strong programming skills with knowledge of C++/VBA/Python/MATLAB preferred
- Knowledge/experience includes one or more of the following:
- Capital Markets (CFALevel)
- Risk Management (FRMLevel)
- Derivatives models and valuation techniques
- Dynamic hedging techniques
- Life Insurance Industry
- Variable Annuities, especially GMLBs and GMDBs
Indexed Annuities and Insurance
- Fundamentals of GAAP/statutory accounting and regulation for life insurance liabilities
- User level data-base expertise.Knowledge of Access or SQL is preferred.
- Personal attributes of a successful candidate would include:
- Enjoy working on multidisciplinary team to solve analytically complex problems.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Comfortable working in a structured environment that emphasizes operational controls.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, often with tight deadlines.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.