OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door with a growing business within AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business and our clients! Help us be our client's most valued insurer. As a Licensing Specialist on the Licensing team you will be responsible for appointing agents and broker/dealers within the 50 states so they may sell annuity products. The Licensing group is dynamic and fast paced requiring exceptional multi-tasking skills to navigate through the many elements involved in the process of appointing agents. This will include: Complying with constantly changing state laws as well as SEC requirements; Running FINRA checks and following up with individual agents or back offices when needed; Maintaining the Agent Control File in Rumba and the licensing system, including updating licenses, addresses, and adding new appointments; Calling the individual state licensing departments when an updated license or appointment status is needed; Being familiar with all of the different licenses and other state documents and/or the internet websites (i.e. SIRCON, and individual state department of insurance websites). The selected individual will attend training to become familiar with introductory knowledge of systems, applications, policies, procedures of the department and basic understanding of our annuity products and features that are sold exclusively by outside agents/brokers to their clients.
- Service accounts using multiple operating systems
- Demonstrate and practice strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines, department standards for quality and productivity.
- Provide consistent high-level of customer service to both internal departments and outside agent/brokers
- Ability to work overtime
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new systems, processes and concepts
- This position will require a rotation of a split shift that will end at 8 p.m. of a week.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for local charitable and community participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.