Group Retirement Claims Associate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what we are all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFIT is all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
AIG is looking for a Claims Processor. This position reports to the Manager of Group Retirement Claims and works closely with internal and external customers and other departments, researching all approaches to meet client needs.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door with a growing business within AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your Contribution at AIG
As a member of the Group Retirement Claims Team, you will assist the client in all aspects of death claim processing which may include but is not limited to the following: evaluate documentation received for notification of death and claim paperwork; for processing; presenting the claim options; conducting searches for beneficiaries; following state and federal requirements for claims payments; answering phone calls and e-mails for both internal and external clients related to claims. As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
• Maintain high work standards reviewing and processing complex financial documents.
• Process all claim requests while maintaining quality review and productivity standards.
• Exercise positive customer relationship skills when communicating and ensure that all communications provide the correct level of detail, professionalism and accuracy.
• Learn and interpret claim options offered in order to correctly evaluate claim forms to ensure compliance with products, plan, group and IRS regulations.
• Work in a team environment that promotes: Developments of internal and external relationships, collaboration between team member and management; open exchange of ideas to achieve continuous improvement and increase efficiency.
• Evaluate and resolve escalated and high priority situations using research skills and alternative approaches.
• Handle additional projects as assigned.
What we are looking for
• High school diploma and one to two years of Group Retirement or other business experience is preferred.
• SAP and TAPS experience preferred.
• A flexible schedule that allows for overtime with little notice due to processing standards and workload.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Technical skills that include use of excel spreadsheets, shared documents and template letters.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task.
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.