Head of Portfolio Optimization
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
At AIG Group Retirement, we strive to help our clients make some of the most important financial decisions in their lives and prepare for a dignified retirement. In support of that, we are increasing our investments to embrace digital, modernize our core operating platform and foster innovation with a passionate focus on helping our clients. We're looking for a dynamic individual to help increase our speed of decision making, ensure we're working on the most valuable initiatives and help our teams be successful by leading a portfolio optimization team.
- You will serve as a change agent and thought leader, helping the company focus on and achieve the right initiatives aligned to our strategic goals.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of the company-wide project and product portfolio management, helping to surface and solve issues and obstacles
- You will work with product managers and initiative teams to formulate and track metrics that enable data-driven decision making to hold ourselves accountable to realizing business outcomes
- You will help track and optimize organizational resources required to position initiatives for success.
- You will maintain a realistic long-term portfolio roadmap, representing the optimal timing for the pipeline of initiatives.
- You will help identify talent gaps and strengthen delivery skills aligned to our adoption of agile best practices to improve team performance
Your contribution at AIG
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company's success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization's objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG's future.
- Evangelize and ensure alignment to strategic transformation goals and priorities.
- Help product teams define and measure their initiatives with traceability to prioritized business outcomes
- Help teams think and plan end-to-end across functions and technology platforms when assessing the impact of new initiatives.
- Work closely with various business leaders to advise them on how to develop and sustain a business advantage in their space.
- Maintain and manage multiple and/or changing priorities quickly with flexibility, initiative, innovation and a team focus to drive success
- Make sound data driven judgments drawing from both analytical data sources and qualitative data sources.
- Use problem-solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact.
- Develop solutions to new and complex issues.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree
- Hands on experience with agile ways of working
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Strong/expert background in analytics with demonstrated ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into meaningful conclusions and actionable strategic plans that support business objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.