Customer Service Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Do you want a career learning a business that helps their customers secure their financial future? AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. Customer Service Contact/Center Representatives are at the core of providing service to our valued customers. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will provide excellent customer service over the phone 100% of the time. You will communicate with financial brokers, policy holders, beneficiaries and other individuals within the financial services industry. This position provides comprehensive training on financial annuity products (variable index and fixed), first class customer service, systems, processes, financial transaction training , and proper phone etiquette, the building blocks to developing a career in the financial industry.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development you provide your dedication, willingness to learn for a winning combination! This is an opportunity to start and grow your career in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security!
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides American with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to assist our customers. The work you do every day is at the heart of AIG's business.
What we are looking for
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone
- Help customers with their annuity questions by providing clear and concise information
- Be part of a team driven to meet and exceed performance-based goals.
- Prior call center experience or experience working in a structured customer service position
- Being on time and having good attendance are critical in this role and for meeting performance expectations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in a structured fast paced team environment
- Strong computer skills with the ability to work simultaneously in multiple screens at one time
- Excellent verbal communication with both internal and external customers
- Availability to work different shifts between the hours of 5:00 A.M to 5 P.M (Your shift is determined by your performance and KPI ranking)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Career path and growth potential
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.