Business Support Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Business Support Manager
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
AIG in Amarillo is seeking a Manager for the Business Support team for our Group Retirement business. This leadership position reports to the Director of Operations. The Group Retirement Business Support team is responsible for providing project support and coordination to various departments, assisting with the development and implementation of system enhancements, developing and providing reports to processing departments, processing feedback files to plan sponsors, system testing as needed, and partnering with internal partners on various special projects and tasks. The Business Support Manager has the responsibility of ensuring the team of Business Analysts is successful in providing impeccable service to internal partners while meeting stated deadlines.
This is an opportunity to grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
• As a great manager you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
• Manage resources for maximum effectiveness to ensure transactions are processed timely and with accuracy.
• Develop an environment that encourages open communication, teamwork and creative approaches to problem solving while accomplishing departmental and organizational goals.
• Establish relationships across various lines of business in order to coordinate consistent practices to achieve business objectives.
• Communicate with internal partners to keep all relevant parties updated on status of projects/tasks.
• Monitor attendance, personnel issues and employee development, while building relationships with team members through regular coaching and mentoring.
What we are looking for
• 3 years management experience in a financial or insurance industry.
• College degree preferred. College and experience may be accepted.
• Ability to collaborate with other work groups across business to complete cost/benefit analysis, implement solutions, and provide on-going support as necessary.
• Analytical aptitude - research, analyze, synthesize and recommend and implement innovative and creative solutions
• Strong problem-solving, customer service skills and project management skills required.
• At least 1 year of leadership experience in a Group Retirement processing department.
• Knowledge of V-system, AWD is desired
• Excellent organizational and time management skills needed.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to motivate staff and maintain a positive work environment.
• Proven record of providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
• Employee atmosphere and people approach
• Career path and growth potential
• Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
• Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
• Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.