External Wholesaler- Regional VP- Eastern MA
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Job Description: External Wholesaler - Regional VP
Responsible for the distribution of AIG retail mutual funds through financial advisors affiliated with broker/dealers or other assigned distribution networks. Working from a home office and covering an assigned geographic territory which can be multi-state, the External Wholesaler - Regional VP must travel extensively within assigned territory to conduct office presentations and one-on-one meetings; calling on financial advisors in wire-houses and independent financial planning firms.
The position reports directly to the National Sales Manager.
• Maximize territory performance increasing sales and acquiring new clients
• Develop and implement a strategic territorial business plan
• Help AIG Mutual Funds become a recognized product line and industry expert
• Establish a professional selling process
• Develop and maintain strong on-going relationships with the financial advisors in assigned territory
• Develop solid working relationship with internal wholesaling partner
• Extensive Professional/Technical training or knowledge with a proven aptitude in financial services or related industry experience; knowledge of Mutual Funds along with SMA and ETFs strongly desired.
• At least 10 years of successful sales experience as an External Wholesaler with a track record of success in meeting minimum sales quotas with little or no supervision.
• Superior public speaking ability and interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written required.
• License required: Series 6 or 7 and 63 license in good standing.
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.