Global Political Risk Credit Officer
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AESA (UK Branch) & AIG UK Ltd
AIG is seeking a Global Political Risk Credit Officer for its Political Risk franchise that specializes in the underwriting of Sovereign & Corporate Credit (non-payment by Sovereigns and private obligors) and Project Finance insurance product. This is a new position within the well-established Political Risk underwriting team. This would be an exciting and challenging role which spans across Credit & Country risk, Transaction analysis and Portfolio management. The role can be based in either London or New York and will be reporting in to the Global head of Political Risk.
- Analyze and approve or recommend for approval new underwriting transactions for Sovereigns (mainly emerging markets), Corporates & Financial Institutions ‘FI's and Project Finance
- Actively participate in various transactions related meetings including internal credit and pricing committees, bank meetings etc.
- Ensure that sound credit risk monitoring frameworks are implemented throughout the Political Risk group in a standardized manner
- Proactively monitor the Political Risk portfolio to ensure compliance with internal policies & guidelines and robust assessment of existing credit exposure by conducting regular obligor and covenant monitoring, performing annual reviews etc.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining internal Credit ratings and limits across the portfolio
- Prepare regular portfolio reviews and updates for Senior Management highlighting key portfolio trends and risks
- Ensure deteriorating obligor trends are timely identified and work jointly with Claims division to manage problem credits and/or workout situations.
- Assist the Global head of Political Risk to develop, review and implement existing credit policy and procedures (concerning the approval, execution and post-management of insurance policies).
- Comply with delegated authority limits and all relevant AIG processes and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance or Accountancy. Relevant industry accreditations such as FRM, CFA, ACII will be an added benefit
- Extensive credit risk management experience preferably in a large Investment bank with experience in both country and credit analysis especially with a focus around emerging market sovereigns
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skills with broad experience and sound understanding of various financing structures (including Buyer/Supply credit, pre-export finance, reserve based lending, repo's, bonds etc.) and ideally with some experience on project finance transactions
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of making sound commercial judgments
- Capable of having professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders for the geographies in which the Group operates.
- Understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements. Some knowledge of Political / Credit risk insurance as a capital relief / limit management tool would be ideal but not essential
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.