IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
Job ID: JR1814340 Underwriting Associate
Your Future Team
This person will work as an analyst with the underwriting team in New York. This position will enable the Commercial Mortgage Lending (CML) department to continue to execute the 2018/2019 business plans and effectively continue to originate high quality mortgage loans throughout the US. As both the Commercial and Consumer Insurance companies continue to show an increased demand for commercial mortgage loans, this person will be a critical part of the team.
Your Contribution at AIG
- Work on diverse transactions including fixed and floating rate loan transactions, transitional lending, construction lending and CMBS both conduit and SASB; with deal sizes that can vary significantly from $10 mn to over $1 bn
- Ability to analyze and review third part reports that include: appraisals, engineering reports; in addition understand environmental assessments, zoning letters, credit reports, background checks, credit references and legal documents
- Prepare credit committee memos
- Review leases and other property-level documents
- Communicate with brokers, agents and principals to complete strategic research projects and analysis to validate underwriting assumptions
- Perform/review site inspections and summarize findings in writing
- Research comparable properties to determine competitive amenities, rents and sales prices using CoStar, Reis, Axiometrix and Bloomberg
- Perform advanced valuation and cash flow analysis using Argus
- Interact closely with internal loan originators, closers, the legal team, the underwriter and portfolio management team
- Work with the Closing Department and carefully monitor legal status throughout transaction cycle
- Review loan documents and closing statements
What we are looking for
- Three to five years of relevant real estate experience
- Basic understanding of property investment and financing in multiple asset classes including: multi-family, office, retail, industrial and hospitality
- Strong analytic and computer skills including detailed understanding of Argus modelling and Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- It would be useful to have knowledge of the CMBS market, including underwriting requirements, nuances of rating agencies and CMBS investor requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong project and time management skills and highly organized, diligent and detail-oriented
- Highly collaborative orientation
- Self-motivated; Hands-on, proactive style that is results-oriented
- Some travel required.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.