Mailroom Associate - Wilmington, DE
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
As our Mailroom Associate, you will be responsible for providing professional service to the Pension Administration department. The Department administers group annuity contract for over 630 Pension Plans which include incoming and outgoing mail and faxes for participant inquiries and department mailings. This includes opening, sorting, and imaging all incoming and outgoing correspondence, always exhibiting good judgment and a thorough understanding of Pension Administration procedures and philosophies.
Your contribution at AIG:
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Prepare incoming correspondence for distribution to the Pensions Operations team by opening, stamping, and sorting documents into batches by transaction type. Prepare and image documents using scanner and imaging software and upload imaged documents into the workflow management system.
- Resolving customer inquiries in a variety of ways: it could be as simple as checking a computer data file or as complex as contacting other AIG Life departments to find the information the customer needs.
- Monitor fax queue and import to imaging and workflow management systems.
- Prepare outgoing mail using Pitney Bowes equipment to fold and stuff mailings as well as meter mail for the department. Act as contact person with courier service that takes the department mail to and from the Post Office.
- Coordinate the pickup and retrieval of records with Iron Mountain
- Coordinate duties and tasks by effective prioritization of responsibilities and time management.
- Challenge workflows & procedures to assist in making enhancement recommendations in support of \"Exceptional Service\".
- Additional projects as assigned by manager
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Customer and Team Orientation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- College Degree Preferred but not mandatory
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.