CS - Corporate Services
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
Job Title: Intelligence Editor - AIG Travel Security
Department: AIG Travel Security
Reporting to: Intelligence Shift Supervisor
Matrix reporting to: None
Direct reports: 0
Indirect Reports: 0
Annual Cost budget:
AIG Travel Security / AIG Travel background
The partnership between AIG Travel Security and AIG Travel has led to an innovative, full-spectrum approach to providing medical and security solutions for our clients at a moment's notice. The combined team maintains operation centers and response groups working in close coordination with each other around the globe in order to provide best in class services.
AIG Travel Security provides AIG business units with security related products and services in support of policy offerings worldwide. The team is comprised of a global network of security professionals with a diverse skill set, ensuring market leading products and services are being provided 24/7, anywhere in the world.
AIG Travel provides 24-hour emergency travel assistance services to any customer who has purchased travel insurance from AIG. AIG Travel acts as an emergency help-line during a policy holder's travels for such issues as lost passport replacement, airline and hotel reservation changes; security related concerns, as well as referrals to a doctor or hospital, and emergency medical evacuations.
AIG Travel Worldwide Headquarters is based in Houston, TX. AIG Travel is wholly owned by AIG.
The Intelligence Editor position is situated within AIG's Travel Security division and provides support for daily operations as necessary. Editors work closely with Supervisors and the Intelligence Analyst team to ensure divisional writing and content standards are met for all intelligence products and services. Editors will review, analyze, and evaluate information/products from a team of analysts and provide content and grammatical feedback back as directed from Supervisors. Editors organize and track various division products and may assist in workload handling during times of crises or major developments as necessary as well as assist supervisors in the training of new analysts on AIG Travel Security products/services/writing styles.
SUPPORT - provision of support to provide Intelligence/Operations products and services
- The Editor is responsible for reviewing all work produced by the analytical and operational teams for both grammar and content and providing feedback to ensure work is consistent and accurate.
- The Editor assists supervisors in the onboarding of new personnel by providing training on products and services; working on practice writing exercises and feedback on content and writing abilities.
- The Editor ensures that all analysts are keeping in line with AIG Travel Security/AIG writing styles and parameters and will liaise with Supervisors in a timely manner to discuss issues that may arise or be observed.
- The Editor uses applicable content management systems and should be knowledgeable of division tools so as to help support team members or other stakeholders as necessary. The Editor proofs and publishes Incidents, Alerts and Newsletters and helps maintain website content in the Content Management System.
- The Editor is the primary contact between AIG Travel Security and the development team for Content Management System troubleshooting and enhancements.
- The Editor supports the crisis management group, including editing and reviewing documents, SOPs and templates.
- The Editor works with legal and marketing when necessary to ensure compliance to AIG standards.
ENGAGE - Assist with Security Intelligence/Operations product development
- The Editor often manages division projects related to report content/website management, etc. This includes overseeing the creation of tracking documents and engaging the analytical team to ensure expectations are understood and deadlines met.
- The Editor will proactively review website content to ensure analysts are maintaining content as well as to prevent formatting/content errors and mistakes. This includes upholding the 90-day rule of review for Country Reports, etc.
- The Editor is proactive during operations or crisis response scenarios by providing operational support as well as maintaining operations tracking systems so as to alleviate workload on Analysts and Supervisors.
DEVELOP - Enhance Products and Services - development of products through knowledge of the region and unique requirements in the region.
- The Editor will engage with the Innovation Team (product development team) to streamline products and help create new products based on proposed ideas and suggestions.
- The development of products may involve interaction with Legal and/or Marketing to ensure compliance with AIG standards. This includes the development and maintenance of operational products.
- The Intelligence Editor will maintain knowledge of global developments and department parameters so as to ensure analysts are covering pertinent developments in their regions via various products and services.
- Editor will maintain general knowledge of operational SOPs, etc.
This role involves interaction with the AIG Travel Assistance Centers, Regional Security Teams, AIG Travel medical and operations teams, and other AIG Travel worldwide claims operations. AIG Travel Security is a 24/7/365 operation, and all Editors work various shifts to ensure coverage during nights, weekends and holiday hours.
Internal: Account Management
Other AIG Travel Assistance Centers
Regional Security Managers
External: Key customers and distributors, security providers, security intelligence network.
- Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, History, Political Science, Communications or related (writing dominant) Humanities field.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a strong writing/editing role or working in an environment where proofing skills are utilized.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.