Administrative Specialist - Phoenix, AZ
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFITis all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Primarily assist the sales team with insurance and securities licensing questions and processes.
- Provides administrative support to our sales team enabling them to focus on high level objectives and goals.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports to the Operations team and management.
- Communicate with vendors, sales team and various departments.
- Cross-train with other team members and departments.
- Back-up for compensation and group specialist.
- Other related projects, tasks and office duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Strong computer skills required, must be familiar with MS Office Suite (intermediate or advanced skills with Excel required)
- Two to five years office experience in the Financial, Insurance, or Banking environment preferred
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, administrative and communication skills required
- Self-starter, demonstrated aptitude in learning quickly, problem solving, and flexibility to adapt to varying responsibilities including the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Office Location: Phoenix, AZ at the intersection of Tatum Blvd. and Shea Blvd.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.