Part-Time Sales Assistant - Houston, TX
TH - Other
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
What You Will Be Doing:
- Outreach to existing clients to schedule future appointments and follow-up.
- Assisting with completion and follow up of financial plans, financial transactions and appointment preparation.
- Providing administrative support to VALIC Financial Advisor.
- Monitor and manage Financial Advisor's calendar and appointments.
- Monitor and manage sales leads.
- Respond to client requests for forms or sales literature.
- Assist with processing paperwork and forms.
- Assist with preparing client mailings.
- Prepare routine correspondence; and, completing office tasks such as copying, taking messages, distributing mail items, etc.
- Put together client enrollment packets.
- This position will not perform selling duties, nor advise clients.
- Three years office clerical experience including two years in a marketing, insurance, financial services, or customer service environment a plus.
- To be successful in this position, individual must be skilled in verbal communication and have the ability to interact effectively with external contact.
- Must consistently exercise discretion in handling client interactions, and in directing clients to the appropriate party for resolving problems or complex issues.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with applicable personal computer applications, including managing Outlook e-mail database, MS Word processing.
- MS Excel, and also acquire and maintain a working knowledge of VALIC sales materials ordering procedures and regulations pertaining to client contact.
- High school graduate, or equivalent
Hours & Compensation:
- 10-12 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- No securities licensing required.
2777 Allen Parkway, WPL-02, Houston, TX 77019
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.