Ops Processing Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Ops Processing Specialist, Life Operations
Your future team
In Life at AIG - We do great work. We help people make some of the most important financial decisions of their lives. We help people find answers when there are only questions. We help people when they need it most.
The Life Operations Customer Service team is looking for a high-caliber contributor to support our great work by processing tax inquiries, calculating tax reports, and regulatory mailings . Familiarity with tax requirements/calculations is strongly preferred. Proficiency with ALIP, ALS, and Vantage is preferred, but not required.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Process and respond to Tax Inquiries for ALS, Vantage and ALIP policies
- Validate data, policy research and manually calculate total distribution, taxable gain and cost basis for partial withdrawals, surrenders and MEC Loans
- Maintain 1099-R tax reporting spreadsheet ( Manual calculations)
- Assist daily, processing/generating ALS JLS ( Joint Survivor Life) policy Annual Statements
- Assist daily, processing/generating ITRV and 712 Form values, Schedule A, PS38/58 request
- Maintain/answer 1099-R Callback work flow calls
- Analyze and process complex and non-routine Customer Service inquires received from internal and external customers.
- Resolve customer concerns effectively communicating through Tax Escalation mailbox/or email inquiries.
What we are looking for
- High school graduate or equivalent with 3 or more years of job related experience.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must be independent and possess critical thinking skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Requires excellent attention to detail.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.