Customer Service Specialist
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that is worth looking forward to. Helping others build their retirement income strategy and consider our annuities as part of their overall solution. Whether they are in the early stages of saving or already in retirement, annuities can provide valuable benefits that include tax-deferred growth opportunities, principal and income protection and a guaranteed income stream that can last a lifetime. AIG annuities offer a broad suite of income solutions designed to meet retirement needs today, tomorrow and for life.
As a Customer Service Professional, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent customer service with first call resolution and product knowledge. This position requires the ability and desire to provide service over the phone 100% of the time. We provide you the training you need to be successful in your role. After completing a 6 to 7 week training course, you will be ready to help our clients and make a difference in their lives.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone
- Help customers with their annuity questions by providing clear and concise information
- Be part of a team driven to meet and exceed performance-based goals.
What we are looking for
- Proven Customer Service experience
- Being on time and having good attendance are critical in this role and for meeting performance expectations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work successfully in a structured fast paced team environment
- Strong computer skills with the ability to work simultaneously in multiple screens at one time
- Excellent verbal communication with both internal and external customers
- Availability to work different shifts between the hours of 7:00 A.M to 8 P.M (Your shift is determined by your performance)
- High School Diploma or GED required/ Some College preferred
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Career path and growth potential
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.