Software Developer, Associate
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Software Developer, Associate
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG's specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG's specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
This is a senior level Software Developer hands-on development position, working with message based integrations, front end development and back-end API creation and integration. This role will be accountable to develop and deliver business applications, API's, platforms, portals and mobile applications.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integrations
- Analysis and Design of New Web and Mobile Applications & Refactoring existing code
- Development of Specified Designs & Delivery of Integrated Unit Testing • Investigate, determine, and recommend technical solutions to align with business requirements.
- Maturing of Design and Development practices (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
- Technical project leadership, focus on practical & effective Design & Development
- Training and Mentoring with Teammates continually looking to grow and mature the team
- Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
- Analyze complex systems and programming problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify current and future business requirements and create current state/future state technical diagrams (data flows, integrations, etc.)
- Lead the creation and/or provide input into technical specifications documentation.
- Provide work effort estimates for development tasks.
- Provide work status updates to management and in line with published delivery schedules.
- Expected to function at a high programming level with responsibility and accountability for meeting plans and schedules which may require off-hours support.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in an engineering discipline preferably Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- 0-1 year of progressive programming experience in leading web based development projects.
- 4+ years of analytical experience.
- Hands on working knowledge with Microsserves, Microsites and cloud native development experience
- Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore or Java -
- Hands on working knowledge with NoSQL and/or Relational Databases -
- Hands on working with Java Frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, or MVC.Net
- Experience or solid Knowledge of Mobile development for phones and tablets, Swift, Objective C, Java
- Knowledge of web services REST / SOAP (JSON, XML)
- Knowledge of Data modeling and or ETL/ELT / Talend - a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data toolsets - Cassandra, Hadoop, Yarn MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop - a plus • Insurance knowledge - a plus
- Technical leadership to drive design and development tasks
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Hands on troubleshooting/problem solving experience
- Expert knowledge of system development and implementation.
- Knowledge of the project life cycle and Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of appropriate business operations; environments such as: Web; Mobile client/server or LAN; applicable languages, software, and one or more applicable database languages and testing tools; system development and implementation.
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.