Vice President, Relationship Manager
Are you an experienced client facing professional with a proven ability to build and manage relationships with complex institutional clients? Help us grow our institutional business and strengthen relationships with Fidelity Family Office Services' (FFOS) clients in the Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) organization. We are a fast paced, entrepreneurial organization where our people make the difference. We serve the single family office and ultra-high net worth investors with extraordinary wealth by helping to grow their businesses, more effectively meeting their clients' needs, and enhancing operational efficiency and profitability. Through a combination of service, technology and wealth management products and reporting services, we provide an integrated solution unique to the family office and ultra-high net worth marketplace.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- ~15 years direct client and/or financial services experience in Sales or Relationship Management function managing a book of large complex clients
- Direct experience in wealth management and/or investment experience serving the needs of single family offices and ultra-high net worth clients
- Ability to drive business development opportunities and incremental revenue by harnessing Fidelity technology and product solutions
- Experience negotiating and driving complex financial, operational, legal/compliance and technology contracts
- Series 7 and 63 registrations
The Purpose of Your Role
The Vice President Relationship Manager will partner with existing and new client relationships with overall responsibility for developing and maintaining these key relationships. She/he will be accountable for increasing assets with these firms, driving revenue opportunities, client satisfaction and increasing overall profitability for each relationship. In this role you will proactively work to develop a thorough understanding of client goals and challenges by building deep relationships and by asking the right questions at that right time. You will also spend time thinking critically about key topics including industry trends, products, platforms, client opportunities and sharing best practices with your peers and clients.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex clients and prospects in face-to-face meetings, phone based relationships and via email
- Enthusiastically engage in client conversations with outgoing approach on various subjects
- Interest in and an understanding of financial markets, and solid knowledge of both traditional and alternative asset classes
- Strong multi-tasking, project management and organizational skills with ability manage and follow up
- Outstanding communications and listening skills, and demonstrated ability to identify appropriate client profile for FFOS
- Collaboration with Fidelity business partners to identify the best solutions for our clients
- Financial business analysis and/or consulting experience a plus
- Client brokerage operations experience a plus
- Your ability to work independently including decision making
- Your ability to travel is required (35% on average)
The Value You Deliver
- Demonstrate the highest levels of engagement with the team and commitment to service.
- Provide overall client accountability and book management of a complex portfolio of clients. Lead the relationship management team comprised of (i) an Investment Analyst, (ii) a Client Service Manager and (iii) a Reporting Services Manager with a common goal of overall client satisfaction.
- Develop key strategic relationships with the principal decision makers of each client relationship.
- Provide proactive consultations to senior individuals within each relationship by clearly prioritizing a strategic plan and objectives. Develop true partnerships with the client by helping them successfully manage and build their business while enhancing the business relationship
- Conduct comprehensive quarterly and/or annual relationship reviews. Fully understand and address the client's needs by working with the client service managers on resolutions for operational issues, including escalations.
- Stay knowledgeable of changes and trends in the wealthy family marketplace from the learnings from our client activities and industry research. Be an active contributor our collective intelligence to better serve our clients and make recommendations for product/service enhancements.
- Grow assets under administration (AUA) and identify opportunities to convert to assets under management (AUM) by working closely with sales and the investment teams. Work closely with the investment team to ensure execution of investment and product solutions.
- Maintain a strong discipline to document client activities, business opportunities and all communications with clients in the CRM on a timely basis.
- Develop referrals from existing client relationships.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Family Office Services (FFOS) is a division of Fidelity Clearing and Custody Solutions. We are a fast paced, entrepreneurial organization where people make the difference. We provide custody, brokerage and investment services, supported by reporting services to wealthy families and RIAs serving wealthy families. The Relationship Manager is expected to be a leader in the culture of FFOS. In addition, this RM will need to exude Fidelity and FFOS values. This includes a spirit of collaboration and partnership with all associates within FFOS and across the Fidelity
Sales & Relationship Management