IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Solution Design, Development and Support team works closely with business partners and other technology stakeholders in understanding the business requirements, translate them into technical specifications to create scalable, extensible and maintainable solutions aligned with AIG IT Strategy. The individuals are involved in full systems life cycle and responsible for application design, prototype, configuration, customization, implementation, development, maintenance and support of the application software. Maintenance includes defect fixing, enhancements and refactoring the application. Support includes, application change management and application service management support responsibilities focusing on meeting application service level agreement, stability/resiliency and audit/security compliance. Thought leaders in this role look for opportunities to continuously innovate and apply cutting edge technology to solve business problems and meet business goals. They collaborate with vendors and distributed teams sharing knowledge and mentor junior staff.
Your contribution at AIG
Application Developer or Application Specialist responsibilities include estimating and the creation of new applications and patterns followed up by the implementation and documentation of those items. They often look into functional and non-functional aspects of programming to determine the feasibility of design and development within time and cost constraints. They have expertise in a programming language or commercial off the shelf package implementation. The product/package could be a technology horizontal solution or a vertical domain in insurance industry. Application Developers independently execute on established design patterns and architecture standards with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of specified designs and algorithms.
- Development and execution of Unit Test
- Debug/Troubleshoot issues and implement solutions to technical issues
- Assist in the documentation of programs, program changes and run books.
- Work closely with the global team to share knowledge, support the business and deliver functionality to the business.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 4 Years of experience in Information Technology field as a system engineer / application developer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related study.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to debug and troubleshoot system issues
- Experience in Object Oriented analysis and design
- Good understanding of system development lifecycle and source control procedures.
- Ability to collaborate with people of all backgrounds and disciplines and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Role Specific Skill sets
- Hands on working knowledge in the follow technology stack ReactJS, Java Spring-boot microservices
- Experience developing and deploying applications in cloud native environment, preferably AWS
- Experience working with messaging platform such as RabbitMQ
- Nice to have some working knowledge in No-SQL databases such as Cassandra
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.