VP, Creative (and/or Design)
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Science team at AIG builds AI-first products (apps and software services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users) for Investments and Insurance arms of AIG. This is mainly achieved through: Incubation of creative ideas and turning them into products (achieved through scientists, engineers, designers and product strategists working together); Machine Learning R&D (and publication in top AI/ML conferences and journals); and Machine Learning advisory / consultancy to AIG's global businesses.
The resulting innovative solutions aim to reinvent AIG's internal processes, improve AIG's offerings to its clients and partners, and ultimately transform the wider financial industry. As a critical addition to Science's leadership team (SLT), we are looking to hire a VP of Creative (and/or Design) to own the design across all our products and/or the creative and ideation process that leads to products with P&L impact.
We are looking for someone with a strong ability to reimagine things through simultaneously optimizing for the “first principles” of our business, latest developments in technology (particularly AI), and creative ways of solving our users' problems. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to play a leadership role in AI-first digital transformation of the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry - using AIG's global network to deliver impact and change.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives
- Create and evolve the design guidelines for all our products - from conception to scale.
- Own an ideation processes that provides various enablement mechanisms for everyone in the team to ideate and assess the goodness of their ideas.
- Establish product-market fit for a portfolio of ideas, and decide on go vs no-go for each.
- Own prototyping and fund raising (e.g., through pitching to P&L owners) for early-stage product ideas.
- Play a visible role in AIG's strategic decision-making ecosystem, globally.
- Analyse complex business cases, processes, technologies, and user needs across several of our investment (and insurance) businesses.
- Grow a team by hiring, mentoring, leading and inspiring the next generation of design and creative leaders in Investment., FinTech and InsurTech.
- Participate in, lead, and create cross-functional programs to help with Science's learning culture.
- Keep up with the evolving landscape of investments, asset mgmt., and insurance (particularly, from a technology and ML perspective).
- A deep understanding of design; from creative and conceptual design to visual and interaction design
- Relevant leadership roles in high-tech startups and/or startup-like teams in large companies
- The ability to define the expected user outcomes and business value of products
- An entrepreneurial mindset (evident from previous roles and achievements)
- The ability to anticipate what will happen next in the market (evident from the past product portfolio)
- Proven track record of creating new product ideas, establishing product-market fit, and unique brand experiences.
- Strong understanding of / deep experience in idea and innovation management
- Experience of working with product management, engineering, AI and strategy
- The ability to influence a diverse network of stakeholders - actively listening, and being heard
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- The ability to inspire through storytelling, and to communicate (visual, written and oral) complex concepts
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability for deliverables
An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Investment / Asset Mgmt. businesses.
- Experience of leading teams and projects across multiple geographies - ideally, internationally.
- Knowledge of AI-first products and their life cycle.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.