Associate Director & Actuary
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Institutional Markets Projection Model Owner
Position can be based in Houston, Nashville, Woodland Hills, CA, or Berkeley Heights, NJ. Remote work will also be considered.
As the projection model owner for Institutional Markets, this position will be accountable for the oversight of asset-liability models for:
- SPIAs and Supplemental Contracts
- Structured Settlements
- Pension Risk Transfer
- Stable Value Wraps
Leveraging centralized model development and model production teams, the individual in this role will have accountability for projection models and reporting for asset-liability management (ALM), cash flow testing (CFT), loss recognition testing, and budgeting/forecasting, among other applications. This individual will be accountable for the development of appropriate projection assumptions and methodologies, model specification and user-acceptance testing, reporting and communication of results. Hands-on modeling work will also be required for certain products. Work will be performed mostly in Prophet and AXIS, including assistance in converting models from Prophet to AXIS.
The individual in this role will work closely with individuals in Pricing, Valuation, ALM, as well as the centralized modeling areas.
Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required. This individual will be a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA).
- 7+ years of progressively more responsible actuarial experience in the life and retirement or pensions industry.
- Specific experience on pension risk transfers a plus.
- Expertise working with Prophet, TAS, MoSes, or GGY-AXIS modeling software.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong knowledge of actuarial projection techniques across all valuation bases: statutory, GAAP, economic, and tax.
- Goal oriented and well-organized, with the ability to develop and manage disciplined processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and establishes/maintains effective relationships.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.