System Quality Manager
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Fortitude Life & Annuity Solutions, Inc.
Job ID: System Quality Manager JR1815151
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
Provide leadership and guidance in the planning and execution of testing processes to meet the needs of the business areas.
- Lead QA processes for multiple projects.
- Define, analyze, and evaluate test requirements to meet business needs.
- Analyze business requirements and functional specifications to determine scope of testing. Review business requirements for completeness and make appropriate recommendations for changes or other solutions.
- Review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases prepared by others for completeness.
- Use a variety of tools, including automated test tool, SQL queries, and quality process tools for execution of test cases and documentation for results for acceptance testing of mainframe, PC-based, client-server, and web-based business applications.
- Develop QA metrics for assessing the quality of newly developed testing.
- Conduct analysis of current software process practices.
- Document proposed practices and testing improvements. Mentor team in proper methods.
- Provide input into the development of project plans and timetables.
- Provide technical support and training to the QA staff.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Quality Assurance Team.
- Lead testing effort of more than one project, including planning, estimation, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work.
- Evaluate, analyze, and develop new or revised QA procedures, and ensure conformance to standards.
- Review and ensure projects follow SDLC process when approving projects through QA process.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Manage a staff of between 5-6 employees.
What we are looking for
- 3-5 Years of experience in Quality Assurance, including experience in leading projects.
- Deep Insurance knowledge (Life and Annuities) highly preferred
- FMLI designation preferable.
- Expert working knowledge of QA standards and processes.
- Excellent problem solving, thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage the use of automated testing tools.
- Ability to comprehend complex processes and to generate ideas to simplify and/or streamline.
- Ability to train and coach existing and new employees.
- Knowledge of insurance industry.
- Experience using QA testing tools and test management tools preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority demands, competing priorities and multiple-tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic, positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Ambitious self-starter.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.