Senior Business System Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We currently seek a Senior Business Analyst - Reinsurance, Life and Retirement (L&R). This role will support reinsurance reinsurance system projects and will report to the Director, Reinsurance (Systems).
- Coordinating and carrying out all of the phases of the implementation process from the business user viewpoint, including
- Reviewing and approving
- Fully documenting results and
- Facilitating communications between business, technical staff and vendor at multiple site locations
- Trouble-shooting reinsurance system issues
- Analyzing reinsurance data
- Supporting internal and external audits inquiries
- Interacting with other functional areas such as financial actuarial, IT/systems, policy administration, legal, compliance, valuation and internal and external
- Preparing financial estimates for corrections and booking accrual entries prior to implementation
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related discipline
- 6+ years of experience overall with at least 3 years of system experience. Significant experience in life administration systems is preferred.
- Experience in various aspects of the life reinsurance process, including product pricing, policy administration, addressing legal/compliance/system issues, and review of contracts, is also preferred.
- Requires experience with mainframe systems such as TAI and SAS along with high proficiency using other tools (MS Office applications, etc).
- Must be willing to learn other business applications as needed to perform assigned duties effectively and efficiently.
- Must possess keen analytical problem-solving skills and be able to understand the impacts of complex changes, formulate testing methodologies to minimize risks and recommend appropriate business or systems solutions.
- Strong technical skills and ability to contribute and be flexible in a fast-paced team environment, is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.