Senior Actuarial Analyst
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
The Senior Actuarial Analyst will be part of the WC portfolio pricing team and lead in conducting WC annual financial call data reporting.
- Work with IT systems personnel to ensure data accuracy and data requirements
- Lead in Conducting NCCI and independent bureaus WC annual financial call data reporting
- Research and develop advanced pricing techniques to be incorporated to continually improve the quality of the profitability studies of WC for primary Casualty portfolio.
- Work closely with underwriting to develop pricing and underwriting strategies and identify pockets of profitable growth opportunities.
- Work closely with reserving actuaries to understand reserve development and inform them of pricing and underwriting actions that will impact reserve estimates.
- Work with the Rate Filing team to ensure that appropriate rates are being filed and adopted for pricing purposes.
- Suggest algorithmic improvements to raters to improve the quality of pricing tools & models.
- Effectively communicate the results and implications of profitability studies to stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Supervise/train junior staff- As required work on ad-hoc projects.
- Required BS or advanced degrees in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- Required ACAS or FCAS
- Required 7+ years or more experience in commercial casualty lines (e.g. WC, GL, Excess, and Auto) pricing preferred
- Familiarity with NCCI and independent bureaus annual financial call data reporting is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in programming (SAS, R, VBA)
- Proven communication (oral and written), influencing skills and demonstrated ability to work across interdisciplinary teams
- Proven project management and organizational skills to work on multiple priorities, establish and meet deadlines
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.