Quality Assurance Analyst III
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1814176 Quality Assurance Analyst III
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
- Provide Quality Assurance testing for vendor and/or proprietary business software applications.
- Recommend and develop solutions for QA processes, testing, and techniques.
- Create test plans for small projects.
- Create test scripts from requirements.
- Execute testing analysis and verify results.
- Use testing tools where applicable to aid in testing.
- Log, review, and track errors.
- Participate and provide input to business requirements.
- Participate in various kinds of testing, such as: stress testing, security testing, and systems testing.
- Adhere to QA standards and make recommendations (e.g. process improvements).
- Document and implement lessons learned.
- Document and present test results and provide updates to the project team.
- Review and evaluate project deliverables to ensure they conform to quality standards.
- Provide quality assurance expertise in all development projects from initiation through implementation.
- Attend project meetings between IT and business areas.
- Mentor and train teams in proper methods.
- Handle moderate to complex problem resolution.
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with QA practices and standards.
- Experience with testing various systems.
- Experience with SDLC processes.
- Experience with QA tools, including automation.
- Ability to use PC based automation tools.
- Knowledge of the various business areas.
- Ability to run queries against databases and data tables using tools, such as SQL.
- Excellent problem solving, thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority demands, competing priorities and multiple-tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic, positive attitude and sense of urgency.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.