Field Compliance Specialist
CP - Compliance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Role and Responsibilities:
The Field Compliance Specialist will report to the Field Compliance Unit Manager. This position will have the responsibility of handling agent investigations, regulatory inquiries, requests for information/documents, and investigations that stem from negative news articles or internal tools. This position may be required to serve as the Field Compliance representative on various projects that involve agent investigation matters. Responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the Field Compliance unit
- Perform initial review of responses to Department of Insurance inquiries regarding AIG appointed agents
- Analyze, investigate & develop written responses to verbal and written inquiries from regulators and business units, including: Legal, Underwriting, New Business, Customer Solutions Unit, Distribution, Global Investigative Services and other internal partners
- Gather information, review agent book of business, analyze and document possible unlawful, unfair and/or deceptive practices and secure evidence to support findings.
- Prepare, review and consolidate reports of findings and present recommended disciplinary actions to management.
- Lead Development and maintenance of all department tracking data and preparation of dashboard/trend reporting with respect to agent/agency investigations
- Lead the development and maintenance of relevant desktop procedures for the department
- Attend meetings with senior leadership and present on topics relevant to the Field Compliance Unit
- Assist the Field Compliance Unit Manager and Distribution Chief Compliance Officer on any special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Assist the Field Compliance Unit Manager in workflow oversight or case management and escalation protocols.
- Research relevant compliance issues and rulings as well as regulatory trends to strengthen knowledge within the Field Compliance Team
Candidates will be expected to possess the following professional and personal attributes:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in the financial securities or insurance industry is strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of audit and/or compliance related experience is preferred.
- Must have strong writing skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite. MS Excel is a must.
- Must be detail-oriented, intuitive, innovative, and have the ability to handle a high volume of work independently.
- Must have effective communication skills with the ability to articulate concern(s), both written and verbal.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to think through complex Compliance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workflow items and appropriate time management skills to meet deadlines for deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to identify, escalate and remediate risks.
- High level of capabilities in research and analysis with the ability to prepare complete and logical reports
- Strong presentation skills are desired including experience in presenting issues/recommendations to members of senior management
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.