Regional Underwriting Manager - National Accounts Excess Casualty
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
National Accounts Excess Casualty is seeking a self-motivated, experienced professional to serve in the role of Regional Underwriting Manager for our Midwest operations. The position is tasked with zonal responsibilities for the National Accounts business in the zone with an assigned portfolio of accounts maintained by AIG's Midwest regional office. Account profile includes the largest complex accounts in the mid-west zone working in close collaboration with the national accounts underwriting team based in New York
- Spearhead account retention and growth strategies in the Midwest region to achieve profitability, expense and budget initiatives.
- Effectively coordinate with U.S. divisional leadership, regional distribution partners and domestic divisional colleagues to deliver AIG's Excess Casualty value proposition to brokers and customers.
- Drive consistent underwriting best practices and guidelines, in accordance with NA Casualty Home Office directives, to ensure rating, pricing, profitability, and structuring adequacy.
- Ensure effective utilization of detailed monitoring standards including quality reviews and self-audits to assess underwriting results and compliance.
- Ensure high levels of relationship building with key current and prospective customers.
- Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability.
- Results orientation.
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries.
- Identifying future talent
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; familiarity with actuarial concepts.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution.
- Process and system skills.
- Experience with budgeting and expense control.
- Preferred candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of international commercial casualty underwriting experience and 5 years of management experience. Candidates with significant domestic risk management casualty underwriting and leadership experience as well as established brokerage and customer relationships are also encouraged to apply.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.